Facing any allegations may compromise your career and a Texas dental attorney could provide you the best help. If you have any valid reasons, you may refer to a dental attorney to provide further defense against your case.
During the time period from May 23, 2012, through August 20, 2012, a dentist from San Antonio fell below the minimum standard of care during the dental treatment of her patient. Specifically, the dentist::
- failed to assess the vitality and endodontic status of teeth numbers 5, 20, and 21, despite radiographs showing decay near the pulp of each tooth;
- placed fillings with overhangs on teeth numbers 4 and 27; and
- placed a crown on non-vital tooth number 20 without performing endodontic therapy on the tooth.
On the same day, the dentist also failed to make, maintain, and keep adequate records for her patient. Specifically, the records did not include:
- vital signs were taken prior to the administration of nitrous oxide sedation;
- a written informed consent signed by the patient.;
- an appropriate record of the administration of nitrous oxide sedation, including the individuals present during the administration of nitrous oxide, maximum concentration administered to the patient, and the start and finish times of the nitrous oxide inhalation agents; or
- an explanation of why items a. – c. were not included.
Because of this, the dentist was summoned by the Board. However, her lack of an experienced and effective dental attorney to help her defend her side made her lost the case and got suspended and disciplined.
Losing your license may greatly affect your future career, but only if you failed to hire a dental attorney for your case. There are some dentists who missed their chances to get their license saved from revocation just because they weren’t able to hire any dental attorney to properly defend them.
Because of this, the Board subjected the dentist and her license into disciplinary action. The assistance of a dental attorney could have helped the case become better for the dentist. So if you ever encounter such an issue, it’s best to contact Dental Attorney Yong J. An at (832) 428-5679 for a confidential consultation.