When you’re facing the loss of your dental license, securing the representation of an experienced dental license attorney may be your first step to protect yourself from serious repercussions.
This is what a dentist in El Paso should have done when faced with allegations regarding her dental practice.
During the time period from August 31, 2016, through October 25, 2016, the dentist t failed to meet the minimum standard of care in the treatment of a patient in that she failed to inquire about and document whether the patient’s Hepatitis C was active or if the patient was undergoing treatment.
Subsequently, the records did not include:
- a complete medical history;
- an updated or revised treatment plan and treatment options;
- documentation of the findings of a tactile and visual examination of the soft and hard tissues of the oral cavity, specifically periodontal charting;
- treatment provided, specifically documentation that impressions were taken;
- signed, written, informed consent; or
- an explanation of why the above items were not recorded.
Additionally, the dentist also violated his duty of fair dealing with respect to a patient when she performed and charged for prophylaxis even though radiographs showed that the patient’s dental condition was beyond a prophylactic treatment and all remaining teeth were being extracted.
The dentist was given the chance to defend her case. She states that everything was just an accident and nobody wanted it to happen. She further states that she did everything she could to treat the patient with caution.
However, her lack of an experienced dental attorney to help her defend her case resulted in serious discipline and suspension from the Board. If you’re facing the same scenario as with the dentist, consulting with a dental attorney is your best chance of protection.
The assistance of a dental attorney could have helped the case become better for the dentist. So if you ever encounter such an issue, it’s best to contact Dental Attorney Yong J. An at (832) 428-5679 for a confidential consultation.