Select Page

Being a professional dentist in Texas is not an easy thing to do. There are so many things that you need to take into consideration if you want to continue using your dental license. The Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE) can suspend your license whenever you are found liable of any violation. As a matter of fact, the Board can even order for the revocation of your license with finality. When this happens, you are no longer allowed to continue being a dentist in the state of Texas.

Do not worry because the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE) always conducts hearing of all the cases before imposing any punishment or fine to the erring dental practitioner. During the proceedings before the Board, dentist is given an opportunity to be heard by defending himself. The assistance of a dental defense attorney is not mandatory. This right can be waived by the holder of the dental license whenever he wants to. However, this is not highly recommended because failure to get proper representation by an expert counsel can lead to adverse effects.

The important case in point here is the case of a dentist named Lily. A case was filed against her before the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE). The complaint alleged:

On or about December 31, 2014, the dentist engaged in dishonorable conduct in the dental treatment of the patients 1 through 5. Specifically, The dentist closed his dental practice due to eviction without notifying the patients, as required by Texas Administrative Code. The dentist left his patient records at the abandoned office, forcing the property management company to take possession of the record.

During the hearing, the professional dentist stated that she failed to complete the EMR documentation and deleted the corresponding calendar entries in an effort to give her more time. The Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE) ordered for the suspension of the dental license as well as the payment of fines.

Contact a Texas dental license defense attorney today who can provide you with a confidential consultation and evaluate your case and counsel you on the best steps to take. Contact Mr. An by calling or texting him 24/7 directly at (832) 428-5679.